The global sonar system market witnessed moderate growth over the past few years on account of growing applications of these systems in the military and naval sectors coupled with technological innovations.
Request to get the sample report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/sonar-system-market/requestsample
According to the latest market research report by IMARC Group, titled “Sonar System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026”, the global sonar system market reached a value of US$ 3.74 Billion in 2020. Sonar stands for Sound Navigation and Ranging which is a remote sensing technique that uses sound waves to detect, locate and identify objects in the water. A sonar system consists of front-end signal conditioning units, signal processors, underwater transducers, and displays. There are two major types of these systems, namely, active systems which emit acoustic signal or pulse into the water and passive systems which listen to the sound waves coming towards them from marine objects and animals. These systems are mostly used for underwater navigation and surveillance. They also help in determining water depth and characteristics of the ocean bed, locating various objects in it.
View Report TOC, Figures and Tables: https://www.imarcgroup.com/sonar-system-market
Sonar systems remain the primary surveillance technique used in naval ships and submarines for facilitating underwater communications as well as detecting and tracking enemy vessels and torpedoes. Moreover, manufacturers are engaged in R&D activities to develop advanced sonar systems. For instance, synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) has been successfully tested outside the sea with signal processing by the Norwegian Defense Research Establishment (FFI). In addition, high-resolution interferometric synthetic aperture sonar (HISAS) has been developed with the capability of producing ultra-high-resolution acoustic images as well as co-registered bathymetry with a frequency range of 70-100kHz.
Key Insights from the Report:
- Based on the mode of operation, the market has been segmented into commercial active, military dual mode and military passive. Currently, commercial active mode dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of product types, general-purpose hull-mounted sonar is the most popular product type, followed by seabed imaging and information, stern mounted, dipping and others.
- Based on the installation, the market has been segmented into vessel mounted, towed, hand-held and pole mounted, airborne, UUV and others. Amongst these, vessel mounted accounts for the largest share in the market.
- On the basis of the operating frequency, the market has been categorized as high, medium and low. Presently, high operating frequency exhibits a clear dominance in the global market.
- The market has also been segregated on the basis of applications into hydrographic charting, offshore oil and gas, port and harbor management and coastal engineering. Hydrographic charting currently represents the biggest application segment, accounting for the majority of the overall market share.
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the leading position in the global market. Other major regions in the market include Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with some of the key players being Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Thales, Kongsberg Gruppen, Ultra Electronics, L3 Technologies, Teledyne, Sonardyne, Atlas Elektronik, Furuno, Navico and JRC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Email: [email protected]
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800