Got your bookings cancelled on Delta? And looking forward to getting refunds on your bookings? Well, getting refunds can be tricky sometimes especially when you are travelling on the airline for the first time. However, any airlines like Delta lets you get refunds without any hassle. Besides, the airline also offers its guidelines that can help you to get considerably the best refunds on your flight cancellations.
Therefore, if you have been looking for information on how to get a refund from Delta, online refund process, refund guidelines, etc., then here’s what you need to learn.
Refund guidelines on Delta Airlines: Important Pointers
The following are the important guidelines from the refund policy of Delta Airlines.
- As per the 24-hours cancellation policy, Delta Airlines offers a full refund for its flight cancellations that have been made within 24 hours of the purchase. This is applicable on all the fare types offers on Delta Airlines.
- However, the flight tickets should also be booked within 7 days or more before the scheduled departure date.
- In the event, if you have purchased a non-refundable fare on Delta. You cancel it after the 24-hour grace period, then you’ll have to pay the refund fee. Besides, the refund fee will also vary starting from $200 depending upon the booking information and time of cancellation.
- If you are travelling within the US, and have booked your flight tickets after August 31, 2020, then you’ll not have to pay the cancellation fee to get a refund from Delta as per the COVID-19 guidelines.
- If you are travelling from North America to anywhere in the world on Delta Airlines, and have purchased flight tickets after December 9, 2020, then you’ll not have to pay the cancellation/refund fee.
Furthermore, if you need any information on the airline’s refund guidelines, then kindly speak to a Delta representative customer service.
Get A Refund From On Delta: Online Steps
Follow the steps mentioned below to get refunds from Delta Airlines through making online refund request.
- Visit the official website of Delta Airlines in your web browser or mobile app. Then navigate to the My Trips section.
- Now, select your Find your trip by option, and then enter the relevant booking details in their respective fields.
- Next, fetch the booking details, and then select the ‘Modify Flight’ option.
- Hereafter, hit the ‘Start Flight Cancellation’ option, and then follow the onscreen instructions to cancel your trip.
- At last, you can make your refund request while also checking for the refund eligibility of your cancelled booking.
Furthermore, you can also speak to a Delta representative to get better assistance on your refund request, flight cancellations guidelines, and any other relevant info. The live person will also assist you with the refund request process and other reservations related info within real-time.